Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Plug for P.U.M.P.

Yeah, I know it's been a while since I posted, but a lot has happened this past year. Many of you know that Jess broke her neck last January and we'll had quite a roller coaster ride since. When I have a little more time, I would like to get back to posting more about how we can fix the wrongs that our enormous Federal Government has committed against us. BTW, I'm not advocating a revolt or anything, because I think there is still the opportunity to pull the government back into the Constitutional fold from the inside. It will take people (not politicians) who when elected will act for the good of America and not just their own little district (Right now, it as Emeril says, "Pork Fat Rules!"

Anyway, today I wanted to plug someone else's blog, oddly named "Please Use My Profile" or PUMP. It is a blog started by Vincent Wright, a legendary figure in the eyes of many of us who use LinkedIn, an online networking service for business people. A few years ago, Vincent founded a Yahoo group whose purpose it was (and is) to help foster cooperation and build up networks on (and sometimes off) LinkedIn. The group he started is MyLinkedInPowerForum, or MLPF as it is known in the group, which just passed 5,000 members last week and next month will celebrate its second anniversary. It has been an invaluable resource for me in learning how to use LinkedIn (I admit, I accepted a few invitations from Open Networkers before I learned what they're about). And not only did Vincent found the group, but he has been the most vocal amongst its many experts. Well, after serving the LinkedIn and MLPF communities so faithfully for two years, Vincent is moving on to other things (surely much greater even than LinkedIn!). His PUMP blog will be the avenue in which he will impart his wisdom and keep the rest of us in the know.

Stay tuned for more posts soon. With all the recent politicians that have entered the race for 2008, I am surely going to have to step up my efforts. Oh, you can also visit my LinkedIn profile by clicking here.

Until then, just remember - WWTFFD!

Earl Kinsley

No comments: